Thursday, March 3, 2016

Top Ten Reasons People HATE Dentists

implant-dentist-sydney-top-ten-reasons-people-hate-dentists

"Things I really HATE About Dentists"

 What do you HATE about dentists? What part of it bugs you the most?

“Everything!”

If you’re a Dentist Hater, I’m sure you have your reasons, and yet I’ll bet it’s not actually dentists you hate. It’s all the stuff a dentist does that creeps you out – the drilling, filling, and billing parts.

Who can blame you for that? A dental chair can combine the sum of all fears… with pain, needles, doctors, confined-spaces, loud noises.

It’s no big surprise so many people hate going to the dentist.

Yet, dentists aren’t such bad people. We’re just the ones doing the work and stuck with the bad-guy label.

Here’s a list I put together of the Top 10 Reasons People Hate Dentists based on my years of observation. It was easy. I just listen to people’s stories.

Perfect strangers, once they know I’m a dentist, are willing to tell me why they hate “our kind.” ( a little Anti-Dentite Seinfeld humor there)

Besides, if you came to see me as a new patient, one of the first things I would want to know is what you like and dislike about going to dentists. I want to do more of what you like and less of what you don’t like.

What is it about going to the dentist that you hate more than anything else? I tried to organize these Top 10 Reasons based on this question… “What is the one thing you hate the most about dentists?”

Participate in the poll to indicate which of the Top 10 Reasons you hate most. Read more about the Top 10 Reasons below and decide which ones apply to you. Thank you!

Top 10 Reasons Why People HATE Dentists

Why People HATE Dentists #1 – The Needle!

In picking #1 for this Top 10 list, I gave the nod to the biggest phobia. Fear of needles and injections is HUGE for some people. It’s one of the Top 10 Adult Phobias, and children are even more fearful.

I didn’t dare show a picture of a needle here, because even the image will upset a phobic person.

Dentistry without anesthetic is an option… “Dear lord, you must be kidding!” is what you might be thinking. I actually do a lot of Minimally-Invasive Dentistry with no anesthetic. It’s nice to avoid the freezing (that’s what we call it here in Canada) when it isn’t needed.

On the other hand, proper Pain Management is absolutely essential for more invasive dentistry. I can hardly imagine the brutality of old-style dentistry.

Delivery of Local Anesthetic is often the make-or-break “Moment of Truth” in the entire patient-doctor relationship. That’s the reason I use a Comfort-Driven System to ensure patients are as comfortable as possible.

Being a little sneaky about it also helps. Nobody should have to look at it.


Read full story at  www.hatedentists.com

Photo credit:  www.hatedentists.com/ 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment